Our Family In Two Homes (OFTH) Resource Package
At the outset I provide clients with a workbook containing basic legal information about California divorce law. After couples review it, on their own or together, we meet again to plan how and through which process I can best help you. The following are some possible path choices and my role:
- Draft documents confirming the agreements you reached. Work through the court so you can get divorced without either spouse ever entering a courtroom;
- Mediate contested divorce issues. I educate both spouses on your divorce topics like the legal requirements and possible creative solutions. We resolve contested issues together;
- Provide legal advice and representation in a collaborative divorce from the first meeting through final judgment;
- Consult and provide background legal advice to you individual while another mediator assists you both in resolving your divorce; and/or
- Explore what divorce help you need or want so your divorce process choice is an informed decision.
My office provides the following benefits:
- Highly Tailored Legal Advice:
- Minimizes the costs of legal help by prioritizing the legal advice you need and desire most.
- Empowers you to focus on and learn about the divorce issues most relevant to your family.
- Tailor the legal advice and provide other resources to meet your unique needs.
- Legal and Interpersonal Information:
- Explains basic California law on custody, parenting plans, child support, spousal support, and property division.
- Explores and addresses your conflict approach and trust challenges. When spouses are more engaged they create sustainable results.
- Promotes more effective communication for healthier future interactions and/or co-parenting moving forward.
- Identify and prioritize values: Financial stability? Raising children? Living within a particular spiritual or religious tradition? Health concerns? Long-term career goals?
- Ensure all proposed divorce-related resolutions are guided by their personal north star.